BUT they are missing something very important. They have Rite Aid and Walgreens but... NO CVS. What's this girl to do? Well, I relaxed and enjoyed things that don't cost money.
Then we came back home and we've got Shoppers luring me in with triple coupons, and CVS running their usual deals, and I'm off to shop again. Here's the results!
For me, one of the highlights is that I can use my coupon for 50 cents off the Washington Post and it triples, making the paper free. That equals more coupons (for free)! This week (1/25) the coupons include another glucose meter coupon. This comes into play at CVS.
We got at CVS:
7 Stacy's pita chips @ 3.00 each
-1.50 off coupon x 7
received $10 ECB
2 Energizer 8x batteries @ 6.00 each
-2.00 coupon peelies x 2
received $4 ECB
1 Onetouch Glucose meter @ 19.99
-$20 coupon
1 Physician's Formula mineral mascara @ $1.99 (75% off clearance)
--------------------
Then we used
$10 off a $50 purchase (magic coupon machine special!)
$6 ECB
$3 ECB
for a total of $1.49 out of pocket
and received
$14 ECB

which made it a net profit of $3.51 for us to take home these items!
The couponing tactic to note here is that even though I do not need another glucose meter (I was down to 2!) they can be used as "fillers" to help you take advantage of a $ off $ coupon. When I first saw a 10 off 50 coupon I choked, thinking I would never let myself spend $50 at CVS. Lucky for me and you, the $50 total required is before coupons. So pick up two $20 glucose meters, ten dollars of whatever you need, take off $40 in coupons, plus the 10 off 50, and voila! You go home with 10 dollars worth of what you need, and two glucose meters you may or may not need. If any of you could use a meter, let me know!




That’s awesome Danae! You’re such a fantastic shopper!
ReplyDeleteI wish I could shop at a CVS.
Seriously, why am I so dense? I need remedial help. How do you figure all of this out? If I saw a coupon for a glucose meter I wouldn't even think about using it. Please oh please e-mail me and tell me where to start. I did go to CVS and get my first three "bucks" but I don't even know what that means. I figured they would take the money off my order, but they didn't. Help!
ReplyDeleteyou are genius!! i've been hitting up walgreens (because of the lack of cvs) but apparently it doesn't compare. we're gonna have to do some cvs shopping when i get back so you can teach me EVERYTHING :)
ReplyDeleteokay, i need to get on this coupon wagon! seriously, i need a crash course....
ReplyDelete