Wednesday, June 10, 2009

going down green


I saw a recipe for Green Smoothies during my first trimester and just about gagged. That's great for them, I thought. Then I saw it again last week under a much calmer stomach situation. Since "deceptively delicious" is my middle name, I thought I should try it out.
Not bad at all! I am a big lover of milkshakes and smoothies, so this is a much better-for-me alternative, and one I can share with Calista. We've been enjoying it for snack time lately.
Here's my version:

1/2 frozen banana
1/2 c plain yogurt
small handful of blueberries
large handful of fresh spinach
some milk
some Orange juice
some ice
vrrrrooom in the blender
and voila!

It washes down peanut butter very well. And you get a signature green mustache that's priceless. Try it!

1 comment:

  1. yum! that does sound good. i made a green smoothie before with strawberries and romaine lettuce. it was pretty good but this sounds much better. lol. love calista's face!!

    ReplyDelete