Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Really Truly Awesome Chicken

Bacon Mushroom Chicken Recipe
Photo by Taste of Home

This is the recipe you've waited all your life for, if you like chicken. And bacon. And cheese. Jerry's comment after I made this was "maybe we should open a restaurant". Its that kind of good, yet its not hard to make or too eccentric.

Really Truly Awesome Chicken
adapted from Taste of Home

  • 4 bacon strips, halved
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
  • 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 4 tablespoons spicy brown mustard (or Dijon)
  • 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
  • 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
  • 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions

  • Cook bacon in oven @ 375° for 10 min or so. Meanwhile, flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness or cut in half if you have really thick breasts. Sprinkle chicken with seasoned salt and brown in a frying pan. Transfer to a 9x9 baking dish coated with cooking spray.
  • In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, mayonnaise, corn syrup and onion; spread 1/2 cup over chicken. Top with bacon and mushrooms. Sprinkle with cheese.
  • Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve with remaining honey sauce. Yield: 4 servings.



4 comments:

  1. Danae,

    The ingredients look delicious, but for some reason, the cooking instructions has very large dots covering the words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum Danae! This looks very good (and I don't even usually like chicken) and very do-able. I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks good. I'll have to try it when I am back on dairy. (It looks very similar to a chicken dish that Outback serves.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danae - please send me the recipe on my personal email. I'm guessing for whatever reason everyone else can see the recipe instructions accept me. The ingredients do look good.

    ReplyDelete