Tuesday, May 19, 2009

bellyhood (not bollywood)


I have arrived at bellyhood. On Sunday I whacked myself (in the protrusive belly) with the car door for the first time (since last time). It was a very "doh!" moment. I ran my poor belly into the wall(s) many times with Calista. It takes some re-calibration to get yourself through life when you are growing wider everyday. Cats are lucky because they have whiskers to help them figure out if they can fit through a door. (and you shouldn't trim whiskers, even if they're uneven. Poor Miffy. I was 12, OK?).

4 comments:

  1. I hope that doesn't happen to me with all these Czech dumplings around me again. Fatty American.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sorry to hear about your belly incident! As if you needed one more thing to cause belly achin'! :)

    I trimmed my kitty's whiskers once because I thought they were too long. I still feel bad about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back to the baby world. I am trying to figure things out without the belly right now. I've been so used to it that I'm not even sure how to cuddle with little Lukie without it, now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danae, I just came across your blog again and wanted to catch up with you. I didn't even know you were pregnant or moving to NJ, what a lame friend I am. I love seeing all your pics on your family blog, calista is growing up and so cute, she and Noah would make a great couple. Maybe I should start a blog so you could see some of our pics, Sorry we havn't chatted for so long,I hope you're feeling good, When is the due date? Maybe I should just call you!

    ReplyDelete